- Topic Areas:
- Couples Therapy | Attachment | Keynote
- Couples Conference | Couples Conference 2015 | Press Products
- Esther Perel, MA, LMFT
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Apr 25, 2015
This bold take on intimacy and sex grapples with the obstacles and anxieties that arise when our need for secure love conflicts with our pursuit of passion. We will tackle eroticism as a quality of vitality in relationships extending far beyond mere sexuality and show how reconciling these two competing needs is at the heart of sustaining desire over time. We will address paradoxes of desire and how social forces inhibit erotic expression; attachment history and the erotic blueprint.
- Learn innovative strategies to reconcile the need for safety and stability with the need for separateness and passion.
- Discover how our emotional history translates itself into our erotic blueprint.
- Learn how love and desire relate, but also conflict.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Esther Perel, MA, LMFT, is the best-selling author of Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence, translated into 25 languages. Fluent in nine of them, the Belgian native is a practicing psychotherapist, celebrated speaker and organizational consultant to Fortune 500 companies. The New York Times, in a cover story, named her the most important game changer on sexuality and relationships since Dr. Ruth. Her critically acclaimed viral TED Talks have collectively reached over 10 million viewers.